Build a simple prototype and test our theoretical concept and measure capacity.
what we anticipated:
We anticipated the machine will rotate easy without a load, and give us a strong resistance when towing
Our first prototype gave us the results needed to prove the concept.
The resistance was great, the belt turned very easy
We have learned how the machine behaves in moving current and it gave us a good understanding how the machine must be built to perform well and withstand the challenges of ocean or river environment.
We tested the difference between towing a machine in a lake and placing a device in moving water such as a river, and the results were considerably greater in a steady river current rather than towing, which is inconsistent
We tested the difference with less and more paddles on the belt
More is better, lot better. More paddles gave us much greater resistance in the water. Further testing will determine shape of paddles for more efficiency
- Our goal:
- Finish designig Blue Prints for full size TCSC
- Secure test site & fabricating facility
- Begin Fabrication of 10KWh TCSC (smaller replica of 250KWh)
- What we anticipated:
- Begin fabrication in 2017, test the unit early 2018, Raise all necessary funds/grants
- What happened:
- Test facility booked for may 2018
- Blueprints 90% complete
- Fabrication is scheduled for Jan 2018
- Grant applications in progress